The Mission of the San Mateo County Sheriff's Department is to: protect life and property and preserve the public peace; enforce state laws and County ordinances; prevent crime; support positive youth development; apprehend criminals, supervise and care for incarcerated prisoners; coordinate emergency services; process civil actions; and provide security for the Courts, Health Services, County employees, Sam Trans/Caltrain, and the public visiting the County facilities. The Sheriff's Department is committed to providing effective professional law enforcement services in a humane and cost-efficient manner.
Volunteer Opportunities: Office Assistant, Patrol Volunteer, Search & Rescue
- Search & Rescue
- Executive Admin
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- South San Francisco Public Library
- Community Service Agency of...
- Peninsula Volunteers Inc.
- Alzheimer's Association,...
- Atherton Police Department
- Mission Hospice & Home Care
- Mills-Peninsula Senior Focus
- Human Investment Project (HIP...
- Society of St. Vincent De Paul
- Environmental Volunteers
- Jewish Coalition for Literacy
- Senior Coastsiders
- City of Pacifica - Senior Services
- Mid Peninsula Regional Open Space
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services
- Seton Medical Center
- AARP Foundation - Tax Aide
- Community Service Agency -...
- City of San Mateo - Senior...
- City of San Bruno, San Bruno...
- Legal Aid Society of San Mateo...