Bucks County Area Agency on Aging has a volunteer opportunity with the APPRISE program. This program assists medicare beneficiaries wade through all of the choices and decisions regarding medicare. Volunteer insurance counselors receive training through webinars, state three day training and on going support from the APPRISE Coordinator. Once trained, the volunteer will shadow with other counselors to become confortable meeting with individuals in a one-on-one counseling session or they can meet with larger groups to discuss medicare options.
To assist our diverse population, bilingual voluteers are needed to support several communities in Bucks County.
- Public Speaking
- General Education
- Critical Thinking
- Veteran Care
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Like to help seniors
- G.E.M. (Generations...
- Lunch Bunch Mentor Program ( ...
- APPRISE Can you help those on...
- Advisory Council Members -...
- Mentors needed throughout Bucks...
- Get ready to help Teaching ESL...
- Home Delivered Meals Drivers-...
- Benefits Assistance Volunteer...
- Children + Tutor = Success
- Medication Education for Seniors