Objective: To publicize HandsOn San Diego’s projects, both to recruit and recognize our volunteers and Team Leaders.
Location: Training in person at our office in Kearny Mesa. Position can be done virtually, but shared office space and computer access is available as well.
- Post to our Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook accounts at least 5 times per week.
- Schedule posts in advance using Hootsuite.
- Photograph at least two projects per month on your own schedule to highlight on social media accounts.
- Remind Team Leaders to photograph their projects and post photos they take.
- Design images using Canva, Photoshop, or similar applications to advertise our projects.
- Share relevant content and articles on our social media accounts.
- Write new content to share on our social media accounts at least once per week using our blog (such as highlighting a Team Leader or project).
- Heavily market our quarterly VolunBEERS fundraiser.
- Track our follower totals on all social media accounts monthly.
- Excellent skills in writing, design, and photography.
- Self-starter with attention to detail.
- Past social media or marketing experience a plus.
- Able to pass a background check.
Time Commitment: Flexible, 2-3 hours/week for at least 6 months
Training and Support: 1.5-2 hour orientation and support during office hours
- Experience in the growing field of social media management.
- Behind the scenes experience with a nonprofit organization.
- Leadership and professional development opportunities available.
- HandsOn San Diego membership.
Apply here: https://www.handsonsandiego.org/internships
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours/week for at least 6 months