The primary responsibility is to support functions of the development department in producing the Annual Lung Force Walk, Fight for Air Climb, and Evening in the Sky Gala. Research and call upon team prospects, secure in-kind donations, make welcome calls to newly registered participants, get quotes on logistical needs, help with mailings, recruit day-of event volunteers and other needs of the department.
This is a great position for someone interested in event planning, non-profit fundraising and/or volunteer management. The work schedule is flexible; prefer someone who can give at least 8-10 hours a week for the duration of semester or school year. If interested, please contact Teresa Contreras at 619.683.8650 or Teresa.Contreras@Lung.Org.
- Must be a non-smoker
- Prior work experience desirable
- Strong Customer Service and problem solving skills a must
- Able to communicate clearly in English (bilingual skills useful)
- Detail-oriented, mature, people-oriented individual
- Friendly, outgoing personality, not afraid to make cold calls
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 8-10 hours per week.