Docents Needed for Santa Clara County Parks!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereSanta Clara County ParksSanta Clara County Parks & RecreationSan Jose, CA 95119
A docent is a trained volunteer that works under the direction and supervision of park staff to provide quality learning experiences for visitors at parks, visitor centers, historic sites and interpretive facilities.
The Docent Program offers opportunities for volunteers to expand their knowledge of Santa Clara County’s natural, cultural and historic resources, and to enrich the lives of many by communicating the value of those resources to park visitors and local communities. Please visit http://www.sccgov.org/sites/parks/Volunteer/Pages/Docents.aspx for more details about the program.
We are in need of docents at a variety of park locations and have openings at: Stevens Creek, Hellyer, Motorcycle Park, Anderson Lake, Mt. Madonna, Ed Levin, Coyote Lake, Chitactac-Adams, Sanborn, Almaden Quicksilver and Calero.
Ideal docents should:
-Love sharing their knowledge with others
-Be willing to learn new things
-Be able to interact with diverse groups of people
-Be able to commit to volunteering 2-4 days per month for 1 year
For more information or to apply to become a docent, please contact the volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 408-918-4932.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 8 hours per month
- Livescan Fingerprinting
- Fantasy of Lights - Vasona...
- Docents Needed for Santa Clara...
- TRAIL WATCH FIRST AID AND CPR...
- South Bay Fishing in the City
- Trail Day - Anderson Lake County...
- REI/BART TRAIL DAY
- Trail Watch Academy
- Trail Day - Villa Montalvo...
- 9/11 Service Day - Casa Grande
- Park Beautification Day - Alviso...
- Trail Days - Upper Stevens Creek...
- Artichoke Thistle Removal at...
- TRAIL CREW LEAD TRAINING
- Coastal Cleanup
- Join our Trail Watch Team!
- Mt. Madonna Trail Days
- PARK LEAD VOLUNTEER TRAINING