The Office Management Volunteer has three main areas of responsibility:
- Donation processing: Enter donations received into online Donor Perfect database, issue receipts, and contact donors to ensure employer matching
- Accurate record-keeping of paper records of all revenues and expense transactions. Reconcile paper records with online lists of transactions.
- General office management: Greet and direct visitors; field incoming phone calls; provide general information about CAIR, calmly respond to people seeking CAIR's help; handle typing, copying, data-entry, collating mailing materials and other assignments; help maintain clean and organized office environment; and many other office tasks as needed
Basic orientation and a detailed procedure manual are provided to quickly acquaint the Intern with task procedures. The Office Management Volunteer reports to the Executive Director
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as editing and proof-reading skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Professional demeanor
- Punctual and reliable
- Internal sense of urgency and initiative that promotes focus, creative thinking and solutions
- Exceptional organizational skills and meticulous attention to details
Time commitment: A minimum six month, twelve hours per week commitment is required. Depending on the position, exceptions may be made for Summer volunteer positions (beginning in May or June), which, if the applicant desires, can instead require a 3.5 month, 10 hours per week minimum commitment. This position requires all hours to be completed in the office, within the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com, in the subject line, please clearly indicate the title(s) of the position(s) in which you are interested, in order of preference. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please include a cover letter, rsum, a writing sample of no more than 1 page in length, a list of two references (one should be a professional reference, if possible), and any other information which we can use to assess fitness for the position. In the cover letter please explain your interest and describe relevant experience. Applicants must pass a background check. All volunteer positions at CAIR-WA are unpaid.
Please note: Start dates can vary based on applicants' availability, but we accept applications year-round so apply now!
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS MAY NOT BE PROCESSED.
- Phone communication
- Office Reception
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 12 hours a week, 6-month commitment
- A complete application packet is required.
- Legal Writing Internship
- MEDIA RESEARCH & ANALYSIS INTERN...
- Case Intake Intern at Civil...
- Education Outreach Internship
- Volunteer Receptionist at Civil...
- OFFICE MANAGEMENT VOLUNTEER at...
- WEB DESIGN VOLUNTEER AT CIVIL...
- LOBBY DAY EVENT PLANNING...
- OFFICE ASSISTANT (VOLUNTEER) AT...
- GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN AT CIVIL...
- PUBLIC EDUCATION INTERN AT CIVIL...