VolunteerMatch is the Web's largest volunteer engagement network supporting more than 80,000 nonprofits, 150 business leaders and 8.5 million visitors a year.
Founded in 1998, VolunteerMatch offers solutions to make it easier for individuals, nonprofits and companies to make a difference. The award-winning nonprofit service supports some of America's most recognized institutions. To date the VolunteerMatch network has helped its nonprofit members attract more than $3.8 billion worth of volunteer services.
VolunteerMatch is a two-time Webby Award winner, a Smithsonian inductee, and has been recognized for its work by The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, CNN, Time, Oprah and former Presidents Clinton and Bush.
Lead Software EngineerClick for details and to apply: Lead Software Engineer
Everyone should have the chance to make a difference – including you. As the Marketing Associate at VolunteerMatch, you will apply your content development and marketing skills as an important member of the team that builds relationships with each of the organization’s key communities and directly serves its social and financial goals.
You will be responsible for the strategic creation of content to drive VolunteerMatch's multi-tier, multi-channel engagement pipeline for its nonprofit and volunteer members. Working cross-functionally with the operations and community managers, as well as the Sales Team, the Product Team, and the Client Relations Team, you will employ your content-creation and strategy skills for social media, news, forums, in-person and online conferences and more to increase VolunteerMatch brand awareness and provide value for our audiences. You will also be the primary manager of search marketing and earned media activities.
This is a great opportunity to launch your career in marketing!
This entry-level position reports to the Senior Manager, Marketing, and is located at VolunteerMatch headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
- Be a part of a team to develop, improve and manage VolunteerMatch's engagement pipeline and identify strategic content needs for all VolunteerMatch audiences based on engagement strategies, product releases, upcoming events and other relevant topics to provide value to our community AND serve the organization’s social and financial goals.
- Be responsible for VolunteerMatch presence on social media, external blogs, news outlets, and other relevant channels.
- Working with the Senior Manager, Marketing, develop and implement engagement strategy for nonprofit and volunteer audiences which may include producing/hosting Nonprofit Insights webinars, coordinating logistics for events and some administrative tasks.
- Create and curate strategic content focused on our nonprofit and volunteer audiences including blog posts, email newsletters, social media posts and other relevant formats.
- Work with the Engagement team to identify target audiences and leverage tools to increase engagement, mission related new business revenue and social impact.
- Support the Senior Manager, Education and Training during educational webinars by fielding attendee questions and live tweeting.
- Partner with the Marketing Manager to ensure VolunteerMatch content is produced and distributed strategically on all channels.
- Support the advancement of thought leadership activities in the fields of CSR and volunteer engagement.
- Track performance of assigned channels to determine success, improve future content strategy, and demonstrate the impact of activities on the organization’s key benchmarks.
- Coordinate coverage of VolunteerMatch mission and activities on other sites and channels.
- Manage VolunteerMatch Google Adwords account.
- 2-3 years’ professional or volunteer experience in marketing, communications, journalism, and/or related field.
- Interest in the nonprofit sector, the volunteer engagement field and the employee volunteering field. (Experience in any of these areas is a plus!)
- Experience with and understanding of social media marketing in a professional or volunteer capacity (NOT just for personal use).
- Some experience with event planning is a plus.
- Some experience with Google Adwords is a plus.
- An appreciation for data and the role of measurement and analytics in the creative process.
- A team-oriented outlook.
- Ability to proactively approach high-pressure, deadline-driven environments and thrive.
- Extraordinary written, verbal, and inter-personal communications skills.
- Familiarity with HTML.
Our mission is to make it easier for good people and good causes to connect. Learn more about VolunteerMatch and our mission to help everyone find a great place to volunteer.