VolunteerMatch is the Web's largest volunteer engagement network supporting more than 80,000 nonprofits, 150 business leaders and 8.5 million visitors a year.
Founded in 1998, VolunteerMatch offers solutions to make it easier for individuals, nonprofits and companies to make a difference. The award-winning nonprofit service supports some of America's most recognized institutions. To date the VolunteerMatch network has helped its nonprofit members attract more than $3.8 billion worth of volunteer services.
VolunteerMatch is a two-time Webby Award winner, a Smithsonian inductee, and has been recognized for its work by The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, CNN, Time, Oprah and former Presidents Clinton and Bush.
Position Available: Sales Director, VolunteerMatch Solutions
Position Location: San Francisco, California
VolunteerMatch, the web’s largest volunteer engagement network, is looking for a talented and accomplished enterprise sales professional with a passion for volunteering and corporate social responsibility (CSR) to serve as its west-coast based Sales Director. Candidates will have exceptional consultative sales and networking skills, content and social marketing sales experience, a background in corporate social responsibility, and a demonstrated talent for closing business.
VolunteerMatch's award-winning nonprofit services support the web's largest volunteer engagement network.
Specifically, the Solutions team works with corporate customers to implement YourMatchTM — a personalized employee engagement platform—engineered to make it easier for companies to engage their employees in opportunities that make a difference. It is a one-of-a-kind service to inspire, organize, manage and track strategic and scalable employee engagement initiatives. Boston College Center for Corporate Citizenship, recently ranked VolunteerMatch #1 in 11 out of 12 categories important to CSR professionals.
- Represent VolunteerMatch and its business solutions in the marketplace
- Manage the sales relationship from warm-lead to close
- Build relationships, act as a resource and sell consultatively with corporate managers and decision makers in the areas of: Volunteer Engagement,
Community Relations, Corporate Foundations, Human Relations, Public Affairs and Marketing
- Use Pardot and Salesforce to access, manage and track warm-leads in the sales-pipeline
- Coordinate and optimize lead generation activities with VolunteerMatch’s Marketing team
- Represent our expanding portfolio of services including Commercial- Use APIs, nonprofit Preferred Partnerships solutions and Cause Sponsorship packages
- Collaborate with other VolunteerMatch departments to maintain customer references and resources to develop new relationships and create new leads
- Attend seminars, events and trade conferences
- Support the seamless transfer of new clients to the Client Services group
- Track record of exceeding quarterly sales targets
- 3 or more - years demonstrated success in relationship management and corporate consultative sales
- Exceptional networking skills
- Experience selling Software-as-a-Service or other technologies into environments with VP, EVP and C-level stakeholdersExperience managing a large prospect base, an extended sales cycle and managing multiple deals concurrently in different stages
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and explain them clearly to prospects in person and via a web-demonstration
- Ability to open doors and secure appointments
- Highly self-motivated
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills, contact management, and attention to detail
- Ongoing volunteer experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of best practices and trends in corporate social responsibility
- Strong professional and social media networks
Salary & Benefits:
The position includes a leveraged compensation plan structured with on-target variable comp of 40% and a base of 60%. Variable compensation is uncapped and with attractive incentives to exceed targeted goals. The position is full-time and includes health, dental and a 401k matching plan. It also includes 1 day a month of paid time-off to volunteer. VolunteerMatch is an equal-opportunity employer headquartered in downtown San Francisco.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in your subject line, “Sales Director, VolunteerMatch Solutions”. No phone calls please.
Our mission is to make it easier for good people and good causes to connect. Learn more about VolunteerMatch and our mission to help everyone find a great place to volunteer.