VolunteerMatch is the Web's largest volunteer engagement network supporting more than 80,000 nonprofits, 150 business leaders and 8.5 million visitors a year.
Founded in 1998, VolunteerMatch offers solutions to make it easier for individuals, nonprofits and companies to make a difference. The award-winning nonprofit service supports some of America's most recognized institutions. To date the VolunteerMatch network has helped its nonprofit members attract more than $3.8 billion worth of volunteer services.
VolunteerMatch is a two-time Webby Award winner, a Smithsonian inductee, and has been recognized for its work by The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, CNN, Time, Oprah and former Presidents Clinton and Bush.
Senior Application Engineer
VolunteerMatch is looking for a bright and talented senior-level software engineer with a passion for agile development to join our team. If you want to share your knowledge while learning from others, work sustainably, and work for a good cause, you'll have a blast working with us. We’re mostly a Java shop but we’re interested in talented web developers regardless of language background.
Before we dig into the details, here are some things you should know about us :
We believe people want to volunteer, and we are building a network where they can
We have helped nonprofits engage over $5.4 billion dollars in volunteer service since 1998
We are a social enterprise - we take an entrepreneurial approach to tackling our mission
We tend to collect extremely smart, talented people looking to put their tech skills to good use
We pay you to volunteer! 12 days of Volunteer Time Off (VTO) per year
Agile (Scrum) development on a team with 6-8 engineers, with an emphasis on continuous process improvement
Web development in Java, using Spring/Hibernate/jQuery/AJAX
Test driven development using Junit
Collaboration with non-technical colleagues to define user stories
Participation in daily stand-up, architecture discussions, engineering workshops, and code reviews
Required Experience and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have a B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
5+ years experience designing and developing robust, scalable web applications
Experience with an ORM such as JPA, Hibernate, ActiveRecord, etc.
Database, SQL, and query optimization experience
Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
Passion for new technology and problem solving
Enthusiasm to work collaboratively within a team
Bonus points if you:
have Java/Spring/Hibernate experience
have Mobile Web Application development or Responsive Web Design experience
have TDD experience
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Client Relations AssociateClient Relations, Associate
Position Location: San Francisco, CA
VolunteerMatch, the Web’s most popular volunteer network, has an immediate opening for a dynamic, energetic and skilled Client Relations Associate. This is an amazing opportunity to put your skills to good use with one of the nonprofit sector’s leading social enterprises. The Client Relations team works with Corporate, Nonprofit, and Education sectors. As a part of the VolunteerMatch Solutions Team, you will become a part of a social enterprise committed to civic engagement through the power of the Internet.
Reporting to the Director of Client Services, this position is integral to the management of client relationships and plays a critical role in retaining the annual revenue associated with our client relationships.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Provide professional and timely support to corporate client administrators and end users
- Manage and respond to issues submitted via ticket system
- Create and maintain knowledgebase and guides for Help Center
- Investigate and report bugs and functional issues to internal technical team
- Consult with Client Relationship Managers (CRM) on client needs and assist with key client relationships
- Communicate changes and maintenance with clients
- Manage contract renewal process
- Upload and review client data
- Provide instructional website demonstrations
- Recommend Product enhancements and consult on Product design as need
Who are we looking for?
- You have a BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- You have 1-3 years previous customer service experience, preferably in a technical support role
- Strong understanding of website design and functionality including customization and HTML
- You are proficient in MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- You have solid written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- You are able to multitask in high paced environment
- You have experience with developing knowledgebase content and delivering online tutorials
- You are a passionate team player to contribute your talents towards promoting social responsibility and a greater good
- Your experience with Zendesk, JIRA and Salesforce are a plus
VolunteerMatch is committed to building a team of first class individuals. We are looking for enthusiastic members possessing three key elements: knowledge, experience and passion. The position is full-time and will include generous health and dental packages, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan. Salary will be based on experience and qualifications. VolunteerMatch is headquartered in a beautiful and comfortable office in San Francisco’s Financial District. VolunteerMatch is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
How To Apply:
Email your resume and a few paragraphs about yourself and why you'd like to work at VolunteerMatch to email@example.com with "Client Relations Associate" in the subject line.
Our mission is to make it easier for good people and good causes to connect. Learn more about VolunteerMatch and our mission to help everyone find a great place to volunteer.