VolunteerMatch is the Web's largest volunteer engagement network supporting more than 80,000 nonprofits, 150 business leaders and 8.5 million visitors a year.
Founded in 1998, VolunteerMatch offers solutions to make it easier for individuals, nonprofits and companies to make a difference. The award-winning nonprofit service supports some of America's most recognized institutions. To date the VolunteerMatch network has helped its nonprofit members attract more than $3.8 billion worth of volunteer services.
VolunteerMatch is a two-time Webby Award winner, a Smithsonian inductee, and has been recognized for its work by The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, CNN, Time, Oprah and former Presidents Clinton and Bush.
Position Available: Sales Director, VolunteerMatch Solutions
Position Location: San Francisco, California
VolunteerMatch, the web’s largest volunteer engagement network, is looking for a talented and accomplished enterprise sales professional with a passion for volunteering and corporate social responsibility (CSR) to serve as its west-coast based Sales Director. Candidates will have exceptional consultative sales and networking skills, content and social marketing sales experience, a background in corporate social responsibility, and a demonstrated talent for closing business.
VolunteerMatch's award-winning nonprofit services support the web's largest volunteer engagement network.
Specifically, the Solutions team works with corporate customers to implement YourMatchTM — a personalized employee engagement platform—engineered to make it easier for companies to engage their employees in opportunities that make a difference. It is a one-of-a-kind service to inspire, organize, manage and track strategic and scalable employee engagement initiatives. Boston College Center for Corporate Citizenship, recently ranked VolunteerMatch #1 in 11 out of 12 categories important to CSR professionals.
- Represent VolunteerMatch and its business solutions in the marketplace
- Manage the sales relationship from warm-lead to close
- Build relationships, act as a resource and sell consultatively with corporate managers and decision makers in the areas of: Volunteer Engagement,
Community Relations, Corporate Foundations, Human Relations, Public Affairs and Marketing
- Use Pardot and Salesforce to access, manage and track warm-leads in the sales-pipeline
- Coordinate and optimize lead generation activities with VolunteerMatch’s Marketing team
- Represent our expanding portfolio of services including Commercial- Use APIs, nonprofit Preferred Partnerships solutions and Cause Sponsorship packages
- Collaborate with other VolunteerMatch departments to maintain customer references and resources to develop new relationships and create new leads
- Attend seminars, events and trade conferences
- Support the seamless transfer of new clients to the Client Services group
- Track record of exceeding quarterly sales targets
- 3 or more - years demonstrated success in relationship management and corporate consultative sales
- Exceptional networking skills
- Experience selling Software-as-a-Service or other technologies into environments with VP, EVP and C-level stakeholdersExperience managing a large prospect base, an extended sales cycle and managing multiple deals concurrently in different stages
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and explain them clearly to prospects in person and via a web-demonstration
- Ability to open doors and secure appointments
- Highly self-motivated
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills, contact management, and attention to detail
- Ongoing volunteer experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of best practices and trends in corporate social responsibility
- Strong professional and social media networks
Salary & Benefits:
The position includes a leveraged compensation plan structured with on-target variable comp of 40% and a base of 60%. Variable compensation is uncapped and with attractive incentives to exceed targeted goals. The position is full-time and includes health, dental and a 401k matching plan. It also includes 1 day a month of paid time-off to volunteer. VolunteerMatch is an equal-opportunity employer headquartered in downtown San Francisco.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Include in your subject line, “Sales Director, VolunteerMatch Solutions”. No phone calls please.
Community Support Associate
Position Available: Community Support Associate
Position Location: San Francisco, CA
VolunteerMatch (www.volunteermatch.org) is all about connecting good people with good causes. As the world's largest volunteering marketplace, we provide amazing products and services to connect non-profits and volunteers around the world. We also power corporate social responsibility programs via our employee volunteer management application. We are very proud of our products and hope you will want to join the team that is making the world a better place.
VolunteerMatch, the Web’s largest volunteer engagement network, has an immediate opening for a dynamic, energetic and skilled Associate, Community Support. This is an amazing opportunity to put your skills to good use with one of the nonprofit sector’s leading social enterprises.
The Associate, Community Support joins the Community Support Managers, Client Relations Managers and the VP of Client Services in rounding out the staffing for the Client Services Department.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and motivated person to help us to grow the VolunteerMatch service and community of users. You will play a key role in supporting the needs of VolunteerMatch’s growing network of users - volunteers, nonprofits and partners – and maintaining strong relationships with them. You will also play a key role in the ongoing development of the service as an advocate and voice of the user.
What will your responsibilities be?
- You will provide timely, high quality email and phone support to VolunteerMatch’s user-base of volunteers and nonprofits
- You will validate new nonprofit accounts to ensure network quality
- You will help manage volunteers that assist our team
- You will assist in maintaining content on our Help Center
- You will manage feedback from users and assist in sharing bugs with our Product team
- You will analyze feedback to suggest improvements to our Product team and consult on product changes as needed
Desired Skills and Experience
- You have a BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
- You are skilled in customer service, problem solving and improving processes
- You have previous customer support experience; Saas environment preferred
- You are very tech savvy and interested in emerging technologies
- You are familiar with volunteer management best practices
- You have competent written, verbal, interpersonal, and social media communication skills
- You’re a passionate team-player who can contribute your talents towards promoting social responsibility
- Previous use of Zendesk, Sprout Social and JIRA preferred
- Web design and/or database experience is a plus
How To Apply:
Email your resume and a few paragraphs about yourself and why you'd like to work at VolunteerMatch to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Associate, Community Support” in the subject line.
Senior Application Engineer
VolunteerMatch is looking for a bright and talented senior-level software engineer with a passion for agile development to join our team. If you want to share your knowledge while learning from others, work sustainably, and work for a good cause, you'll have a blast working with us. We’re mostly a Java shop but we’re interested in talented web developers regardless of language background.
Before we dig into the details, here are some things you should know about us :
We believe people want to volunteer, and we are building a network where they can
We have helped nonprofits engage over $5.4 billion dollars in volunteer service since 1998
We are a social enterprise - we take an entrepreneurial approach to tackling our mission
We tend to collect extremely smart, talented people looking to put their tech skills to good use
We pay you to volunteer! 12 days of Volunteer Time Off (VTO) per year
Agile (Scrum) development on a team with 6-8 engineers, with an emphasis on continuous process improvement
Web development in Java, using Spring/Hibernate/jQuery/AJAX
Test driven development using Junit
Collaboration with non-technical colleagues to define user stories
Participation in daily stand-up, architecture discussions, engineering workshops, and code reviews
Required Experience and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have a B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
5+ years experience designing and developing robust, scalable web applications
Experience with an ORM such as JPA, Hibernate, ActiveRecord, etc.
Database, SQL, and query optimization experience
Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
Passion for new technology and problem solving
Enthusiasm to work collaboratively within a team
Bonus points if you:
have Java/Spring/Hibernate experience
have Mobile Web Application development or Responsive Web Design experience
have TDD experience
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Our mission is to make it easier for good people and good causes to connect. Learn more about VolunteerMatch and our mission to help everyone find a great place to volunteer.