VolunteerMatch is the Web's largest volunteer engagement network supporting more than 80,000 nonprofits, 150 business leaders and 8.5 million visitors a year.
Founded in 1998, VolunteerMatch offers solutions to make it easier for individuals, nonprofits and companies to make a difference. The award-winning nonprofit service supports some of America's most recognized institutions. To date the VolunteerMatch network has helped its nonprofit members attract more than $3.8 billion worth of volunteer services.
VolunteerMatch is a two-time Webby Award winner, a Smithsonian inductee, and has been recognized for its work by The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, CNN, Time, Oprah and former Presidents Clinton and Bush.
Position: Vice President, Product
Location: San Francisco, CA
VolunteerMatch (www.volunteermatch.org) is all about connecting good people with good causes. As the world's largest volunteering marketplace, we provide amazing products and services to connect nonprofits and volunteers around the world. We also power corporate social responsibility programs via our employee volunteer management application. We are very proud of our products and hope you will want to join the team that is making the world a better place.
This is the senior Product role and combines ownership of the overall product roadmap and strategy with ability to be hands on with all the products. You will mentor a great team of product managers and product designers - together you will a direct impact on volunteer coordinators and will ensure that people looking to give back can connect with the causes that light them up. Your focus will be on creating easy to use, engaging, and powerful applications. This position reports directly to the Office of the President.
Increase business metrics by delivering recruiting, event, and volunteer management products that are engaging and meet market needs.
- Understand and lead the analysis of the competitive environment, customers, and product metrics to determine the right feature set to drive engagement and usage on VolunteerMatch
- Create product roadmaps, backlog priorities, and user story requirements which ensure efficient implementation and market adoption.
- Optimize key performance indicators for the site through analysis and feedback.
- Coordinate rapid and successful product launches in close collaboration with Engineering, QA, Sales, Engagement and Client Services
- Drive the development lifecycle via scrum methodology
- Champion the product vision throughout the organization and market
- Monitor progress of the product through the product development life cycle, identifying risks and opportunities
- Work with engineering to scope product delivery and understand development alternative
- Support product marketing and sales through marketing campaigns, webinars, customer focused groups and customer visits
Qualifications, Technical Skills, Knowledge and Ability
- 7+ years of Product Management experience at Director level within fast-paced, agile environments
- Minimum BA/BS degree in related field (MBA a plus)
- Demonstrated experience with successful online consumer or enterprise products, including mobile products
- Passionate advocate for great product and user experiences that delight consumers
- Proven ability to both manage a product team and lead cross-functional teams to achieve desired outcomes
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and quantitative skills with data-driven approach to decision-making
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet aggressive deadlines
- Strong collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Confidence to interact with team members across all departments and levels of the organization
- Product owner responsibilities within an agile scrum environment
- Knowledge of event management and/or recruiting services
- Experience with SaaS
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “VP Product” in the subject line. Please include a cover letter as this helps us better understand your specific interest in the position and VolunteerMatch. No phone calls.
Front-End EngineerVolunteerMatch is looking for a Front-End Engineer to join our talented and dedicated Engineering team. Before we dig into the details, here are some things you should know about us:
We are the web’s largest volunteer engagement network with over 12 million visitors a year
We have helped nonprofits engage over $5.4 billion dollars worth of volunteer serve since 1998
We are a social enterprise - we take an entrepreneurial approach to tackling our mission
We tend to collect extremely smart, talented people looking to put their tech skills to good use
We pay you to volunteer! 12 days of Volunteer Time Off (VTO) per year
Work with product managers and back end engineers to design and scope usable, enjoyable user interfaces and build working prototypes when necessary.
Work iteratively in an Agile/Scrum environment, interacting with other front end, back end, and QA engineers
Assist in the implementation of front-end application optimizations, architectural improvements, etc.
Qualifications, TechnicalSkills, Knowledge and Ability
1+ years of front-end experience
Experience with HTML/CSS and jQuery
Experience with cross-browser CSS requirements
An eye for UX/design details
Eagerness and aptitude to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
Excellent teamwork and communication skills
Knowledge or experience with any of the following:
Experience with page optimization techniques
Responsive Web Design/Mobile Design
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Front End Engineer” in the subject line. Please include a cover letter as this helps us better understand your specific interest in the position and VolunteerMatch. No phone calls.
Lead Generation and Marketing Associate
VolunteerMatch is hiring a Lead Generation & Marketing Associate to support the Engagement team. The primary responsibilities are managing outreach to, and qualifications of, potential clients who are interested in our solutions, assisting in marketing campaigns, and establishing and strengthening relationships.
The Lead Gen & Marketing Associate is an entry-level position that can springboard to other positions at VolunteerMatch in client relations, marketing, sales or business development. The role reports to the Director of Engagement.
Business Development/Lead Generation
• Outreach to targeted prospects. Work with the VolunteerMatch Sales & Engagement teams to research and identify new contacts at target companies. Develop new outbound and targeted campaigns to reach untapped markets/ geographies generating new leads/opportunities for sales team. Exhibit and represent VolunteerMatch Solutions at nationwide conferences.
• Facilitate the licensing of our Public-Use APIs (Application Programming Interface) and other free services for qualified clients.
• Create white papers, research reports and other marketing pieces to help spread the VolunteerMatch Solutions brand and services to new audiences.
• Contribute to VolunteerMatch’s blogs to help engage new prospects.
• Manage and maintain archives of past and current content produced by VolunteerMatch.
• Contribute to content distribution and marketing strategies and develop content marketing campaigns
VolunteerMatch has built a team of first-class individuals. We are looking for enthusiastic members possessing three key elements: knowledge, experience, and passion. Specifically, you have:
• A BA/BS degree
• 1-3 years experience in sales, lead generation, sales administration, communications or marketing
• Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Experience using salesforce.com or similar web-based client relationship management system
• Experience using Pardot or similar web-based marketing automation tools.
• Familiarity with HTML / website development is a plus.
• A self-starter attitude – you can identify opportunities independently and run with the tasks assigned to you.
• Excellent written, verbal and inter-personal communication skills.
• Solid technology skills that will allow you to quickly understand VolunteerMatch’s web tools.
• Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, creative thinker, able to prioritize multiple projects concurrently, working in a small, cross-functional environment.
• Passionate team player excited to contribute his/her talents towards promoting social responsibility and a greater good.
Additional Preferred Skills:
• Background or knowledge of some aspect of corporate social responsibility
• A commitment to volunteering and service
The position is based in San Francisco, Calif. and is full-time. It will include a generous health and dental package, paid time-off including time for volunteerism as well as a 401(k) retirement plan.
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Lead Generation and Marketing Associate” in the subject line. Please include a cover letter as this helps us better understand your specific interest in the position and VolunteerMatch.
No phone calls.
Our mission is to make it easier for good people and good causes to connect. Learn more about VolunteerMatch and our mission to help everyone find a great place to volunteer.