VolunteerMatch is the Web's largest volunteer engagement network supporting more than 80,000 nonprofits, 150 business leaders and 8.5 million visitors a year.
Founded in 1998, VolunteerMatch offers solutions to make it easier for individuals, nonprofits and companies to make a difference. The award-winning nonprofit service supports some of America's most recognized institutions. To date the VolunteerMatch network has helped its nonprofit members attract more than $3.8 billion worth of volunteer services.
VolunteerMatch is a two-time Webby Award winner, a Smithsonian inductee, and has been recognized for its work by The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, CNN, Time, Oprah and former Presidents Clinton and Bush.
Senior Product Manager
VolunteerMatch (www.volunteermatch.org) is all about connecting good people with good causes. As the world's largest volunteering marketplace, we provide amazing products and services to connect non-profits and volunteers around the world. We also power corporate social responsibility programs via our employee volunteer management application. We are very proud of our products and hope you will want to join the team that is making the world a better place.
You will lead the strategy, design, and marketing of our web-based platform as we grow our customer base. As an agile organization, you will deliver iterative solutions that both deliver social impact and drive customer adoption.
In this role, you will be working with leading web technologies and will work closely with other product managers, developers, and architects. Success is defined by developing and driving a release plan that maximizes global volunteer/employee engagement and makes it easier to administer complex volunteer programs.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Partnering with peers and customers to initiate, prioritize, refine, and drive appropriate technology solutions in an agile environment.
- Prioritizing and advocating for customer requests and enhancements.
- Monitoring industry trends and customer patterns to ensure the technology platform is both forward-looking and flexible.
- Providing input into the overall VolunteerMatch product roadmap.
- Being a subject-matter expert for solutions under your cognizance.
- Communicating throughout the company and with customers.
- Exercising independent judgment in making decisions and designing solutions.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelors Degree, with 4+ yrs related information systems experience. Job title will be based on skills and experience.
- Expertise in product management skills, such as requirements definition, web/systems design, and decision-making.
- Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent spoken and written communication as well as listening skills. Ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Team player with ability to work with virtual and cross-functional teams.
- Excellent influencing, negotiation, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks. Demonstrated knowledge of project management concepts and techniques required.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM techniques, including use cases and user stories.
- Expertise in web/mobile applications, especially with a CRM, Marketplace, or Event Management background.
- Knowledge of enterprise business process flows
- Experience taking a consultative approach with clients or internal customers.
Email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com with 'Senior Product Manager' in the subject line. Important: please include a cover letter, as this helps us better understand your specific interest in the position and VolunteerMatch
Our mission is to make it easier for good people and good causes to connect. Learn more about VolunteerMatch and our mission to help everyone find a great place to volunteer.