VolunteerMatch is the Web's largest volunteer engagement network supporting more than 80,000 nonprofits, 150 business leaders and 8.5 million visitors a year.
Founded in 1998, VolunteerMatch offers solutions to make it easier for individuals, nonprofits and companies to make a difference. The award-winning nonprofit service supports some of America's most recognized institutions. To date the VolunteerMatch network has helped its nonprofit members attract more than $3.8 billion worth of volunteer services.
VolunteerMatch is a two-time Webby Award winner, a Smithsonian inductee, and has been recognized for its work by The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, CNN, Time, Oprah and former Presidents Clinton and Bush.
Client Relations Associate
Client Relations Associate
Position Location: San Francisco, CA
This is an amazing opportunity to put your skills to good use with one of the nonprofit sector’s leading social enterprises. The Client Relations team works with Corporate, Nonprofit, and Education sectors. As a part of the VolunteerMatch Solutions Team, you will become a part of a social enterprise committed to civic engagement through the power of the Internet. Reporting to the Director of Client Services, this position is integral to the management of client relationships and plays a critical role in retaining the annual revenue associated with our client relationships.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Provide key support in professional and timely manner to VolunteerMatch’s corporate clients, including email, online forum and phone support
- Assist in overseeing the organization’s email support system, including writing email templates and managing template library
- Create and editing instructional content, including site help and user guides
- Provide instructional demonstrations of the site's functionalities to groups of clients or in 1:1 training sessions
- Manage the design and workflow for VolunteerMatch services corporate training curriculum
- Develop monthly mass emails to VolunteerMatch’s client contacts on tools trainings, program tips and inspiring stories
- Assist in the launch of client's service (testing data files, inputting content) as assigned by the Director of Client Services
- Provide general support to the Client Relations team
- Participate in testing, quality assurance and quality control projects
- Identify product development enhancements for the corporate tool
- Coordinate and draft renewal contracts to support Client Services team
- Run, test and coordinate data uploads for clients
Who are we looking for?
- VolunteerMatch is committed to building a team of first class individuals. We are looking for enthusiastic members possessing three key elements: knowledge, experience and passion.
- You have a BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- You have 1-3 years previous customer service experience and/or administrative support
- You are proficient in all MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- You have solid written, verbal and inter-personal communication skills
- You are confident you will understand VolunteerMatch’s technology-driven, hosted service
- You bring strong organizational skills, attention to detail, are naturally a self-starter and creative thinker and you are able to prioritize multiple projects concurrently
- You are a passionate team player to contribute your talents towards promoting social responsibility and a greater good
- You have experience with developing training curriculum and delivering online tutorials
- You may have knowledge of HTML and website development
- You preferably have exposure to the practice of Corporate Social Responsibility
- We would love it if you have a personal volunteering story
VolunteerMatch is committed to building a team of first class individuals. We are looking for enthusiastic members possessing three key elements: knowledge, experience and passion. The position is full-time and will include generous health and dental packages, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan. Salary will be based on experience and qualifications. VolunteerMatch is headquartered in a beautiful and comfortable office in San Francisco’s Financial District. VolunteerMatch is an Equal Employment Opportunity.
How To Apply:
Email your resume and a few paragraphs about yourself and why you'd like to work at VolunteerMatch to email@example.com with "Client Relations Associate" in the subject line.
Senior Manager, Marketing
Everyone should have the chance to make a difference – including you. As the Senior Manager, Marketing at VolunteerMatch, you will be a leader of the team that builds relationships with each of the organization’s key communities and directly serves its social and financial goals.
You will strategically manage, expand and improve systems to strengthen VolunteerMatch's multi-tier, multi-channel engagement pipeline for its corporate, nonprofit and volunteer members. Working cross-functionally with the content and community managers, as well as the Sales Team, you will orchestrate marketing operations at a strategic level to ensure that high quality leads are nurtured to become clients and members.
This position reports to the VP, Engagement & Strategic Partnerships and is based in San Francisco, CA.
- Lead a team to develop and improve and manage VolunteerMatch's engagement pipeline.
- Manage the Associate, Content Marketing and Manager, Community Engagement
- Craft and measure outbound lead generation activities and campaigns.
- Develop and implement engagement strategy for nonprofit and volunteer audiences.
- Work with the VP Engagement to coordinate and manage the development of targeted campaigns to generate actionable leads for VolunteerMatch Solutions. Assist Solutions Directors with targeted campaign outreach.
- Work with the Engagement team to identify target audiences and leverage tools to increase engagement, mission related new business revenue and social impact
- Develop strategies for pre-qualifying leads for VolunteerMatch Solutions tools and VolunteerMatch.org sponsorship through nurturing programs and drip campaigns in coordination with the Engagement team.
- Design and implement effective campaigns using Salesforce, Pardot, iContact and related tools to reach engagement goals. At times, manage vendors and/or pro bono volunteer teams to ensure effective upgrades to the systems.
- Track outcomes of qualified leads that move into demo, commitment, negotiation and close
- Support the advancement of thought leadership activities in the fields of CSR and volunteer engagement.
- Build early-stage relationships. Qualify, nurture and expand members’ relationships with VolunteerMatch, then pass a qualified or “ready” leads to Sales, Education & Training, Product or Community Support.
- Provide coordination and support to the VP, Engagement & Strategic Partnerships on the use and allocation of organization's conference budget.
- Manage strategy and content of the VolunteerMatch Summit, with support from Engagement team. Oversee planning and logistics with the Associate, Community Engagement.
- 4-6 years’ experience in business development, marketing operations, email marketing, demand generation and/or related field.
- Interest in the nonprofit sector, the volunteer engagement field and the employee volunteering field. (Experience in any of these areas is a plus!)
- Extensive experience with Salesforce.
- Experience with marketing automation platforms such as Pardot, Eloqua or Marketo.
- Experience with other email marketing services such as Mailchimp, iContact or Vertical Response.
- A love of diving into data.
- Some management/leadership experience is preferred.
- A team-oriented outlook.
- Ability to proactively approach high-pressure, deadline-driven environments and thrive.
- Excellent written, verbal, and inter-personal communications skills.
- Familiarity with HTML is a plus.
- Some public speaking experience is a plus.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Manager, Marketing” in the title.
Lead Software EngineerClick for details and to apply: Lead Software Engineer
Our mission is to make it easier for good people and good causes to connect. Learn more about VolunteerMatch and our mission to help everyone find a great place to volunteer.